View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Gramma B

I have a Janome 12000 and have made two quilts on it. I embrodiered designs on the quilts just to see what it could do, and what are the limitations. My pictures are posted in earlier posts under "pictures". I had a Babylock Quest b/4 getting the Janome; and still have it. I've compared the two machines .
I like the Babylock for winding bobbins, you can wind the bobbin while you are quilting. I also think it makes a better bobbin. The Babylock is a quieter machine; and I like the needle plates better on the Babylock. The Babylock bobbin is a vertical mount, and the Janome is a horizontal mount; I prefer the Janome.
The Janome has a cloth guide that attaches to the embrodiery arm can adjust your seam allowance. Janome has a 1/4" foot, two dual feed feet, two zipper feet ( haven't used them yet). It has so many different stitches, over 400, includes videos on the machine to instruct how to do various functions. Lets you know when the bobbin is low; if something is wrong with the machine like a thread break, wrong foot, wrong needle plate, etc.

Which do I prefer; I honestly can't say. I am going to sell my Babylock to help pay for the Janome, even though I would like to keep both of them.