View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 01:36 AM
katier825

I have the 830 (previous model of that machine) and I love it. I've had it for 3 years now I think. I try to have it serviced annually, and it costs me about $59, though I think my local Joann's charges more to service them. I have not had any issues with mine that were not user error. Being electronic, many of the settings are automatic, including the foot, which takes some getting used to. I go back and forth between that and my featherweight, so I'm always reaching for the presser foot lever that isn't there! LOL It's great for quilting. It does not usually come with the quilting feet, except for the small flat darning foot. I didn't like that one. The walking foot with the interchangeable feet is great and worth the extra money. I also got the snap on stitch in the ditch foot. Love it! For FMQ, I like the spring foot best, also extra but she thru that in for free when I bought mine. If you can take some classes to help you learn about the machine, that would be good. My dealer offers free unlimited assistance with mine, but I've only been in a few times. The extra throat space is great. The largest I've quilted on mine so far is about 60x80. I could easily do a queen, I just haven't gotten my quilt done yet. The price is good. I don't think I've ever seen one less than $899. That's what I paid for mine also. They tend to get marked down when the new models come out. I haven't been to Viking's website, so I don't know if there are new ones on the horizon. I love my Viking. I bought it to replace my old one that died after 16+ years.