Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 PM
wildyard

Well, at the risk at being tossed off the QB on my thrifty behind, I must step up and take an opposing opinion. I often use 100% cotton sheets, pillowcases, bed ruffles and curtains when piecing my quilt tops. I have never had a complaint from one person who has received one of my quilts. I do my own quilting and I use fleece for backing.
The only time I have had a problem with ravelling is when I tried using some polyester blend where the poly content was higher than the cotton. I didn't end up using that in the quilt. The lowest blend I will use is 60 cotton/40 poly.
Good quality 100% cotton sheets that are not worn out, make great fabric for piecing in my opinion. Often, if the middle of a sheet is worn, the edges are still quite good and usable. And just FYI, many sheets do have selvage edges.
I absolutely believe that a seller should be completely honest about what they are selling, including stating that it is cotton sheeting, should that be the case. However, if the price is right, and I don't mean $1.99 per FQ, lol, I do believe that there will be buyers for sheeting FQs and squares.