Thread: Art Quilters?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 AM
SewExtremeSeams

[QUOTE=Judebug;5151206] ... Also, I was sooooo flippin' happy to find exactly 4 of those old green and white buttons in my stash. I love the extra feeling of spinning pinwheels they make. My pack rat tendencies emerged at an early age so you can imagine that as I approach my 60's, I need to be using up some of this 'stuff'! ha.

A side note here: On the red Crosswalk piece I almost didn't add the white rice shaped sections but I cut them and laid them all out and discovered the extra dimension they added in pushing the black and white plaids into the background made it well worth the addition.

I'm learning how immensely relevant fabric choice is in translating a quilter's artistic vision. It is our paintbrush so to speak.

I've purposely kept the quilting subdued in these experiments but thread color and quilt design could affect the outcome even more if I wanted it to. For me, all of these are about the fabric and design method... (which I will describe after I've done all my pieces if the readers are interested.)

April is half over. Come on ladies, lets see your work. [/QUOTE

Yes, it is nearing the end of April but I am so enjoying drinking in all that I am learning on this thread. Thank you so much. I will either be trying to catch up on the challenges OR jumping in here one of these days to apply all that I am learning!