Old 04-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
I totally agree!!!! I also really agree about regifting something someone has made for you I hurts feelings and people believe it was made by their swapper. Thanks again Lori well said!!!!!

regarding regifting, i truly believe that we need to accept that there are varying opinions on this and that everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not try to force that opinion on anyone else. besides, after we receive something it is ours to do with as we please and the giver should have no more say over that. that is my opinion and how i operate in my home.

for example i gave handmade potholders along with cookbooks to my family for christmas and i made my older brother's potholders and cookbook especially for him since he has eating restrictions. everyone raved over these gifts and loved them so. several months later my brother told me that he gave his potholders to his girlfriend who promptly hung them in her kitchen. mind you she was at our celebration so she got her own set. at first i expressed surprise that he would give away something that i made for him but he explained that he wouldnt use them (and did i really want them to sit unused) and he is at her home quite often. maybe that was some bonding moment between the two of them and i knew i should not intrude in it. he said he was enjoying immensly (sp?) the quilt i made for him 2 years earlier though and it wasnt going anywhere. i realized that i had no say over what he does with his things whether i made them or bought them. we are both adults and i know that i wouldnt allow him to tell me what to do with my things.

Last edited by Havplenty; 04-19-2012 at 07:54 AM.