Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Lady Diana

Synvisc is very good. I was in a car accident five years ago, which brought on the arthritis. To postpone surgery, I hae had cortisone shots in the knees.....not fun. and recently have had the Synvisc. The first shot I was in unbelievable pain when the needle was inserted.....it kept hurting, I raised my voice....They had numbed the area to begin with and used cold to further numb the area....the doctor couldn't believe my reaction. Well he went to the other knee, boy was I concerned about this pain and there was NON. The doctor said, Oh, I'm so sorry, I put the needle through the nerve on the other knee... Duh! He also said, I know that had to hurt like hell, you can hit me if you like. I told him, no. I just want to give him the same shot in his nerve....I could not walk on that leg, they had to wheel me out to the car....the next day I was fine and the Synvisc works after three days and lasts for about four months. This medication is injected from the side of the knee, under the kneecap to the center of the joint. I would say, even though my doctor is the best in Fort Worth, you still need one that gives these types of injections routinely.....Best wishes. BTW, I told him IF there was a next time, I was bringing a tazer, if he comes close to the nerve, he would know.
Diana in TX