Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Jean S

Default Sewing machine Service and Support may be the tie breaker

For over a year now, i have researched and investigated and test drove a couple of sewing machines. The two machines are Pfaff's Creative Sensation and Bernina's 830 LE. I love both of them. It is so hard to decide. On one hand, I want to go with the Pfaff because I have an old Pfaff (Creative 1470) and love it. My mother has an even older Pfaff (its 50 years old).

But the Bernina is a cool machine too. Plus, there seems to be more support, user events, free projects, and online classes for Bernina owners.

Both Pfaff and Bernina have websites that offer inspiration and direction. But it sort of seems like Bernina has better instructions and online classes. I have a question for you Pfaff and Bernina folks. Do you take advantage of the online classes and do you make the projects that are on the Pfaff and Bernina websites?

I'm just a bit concerned about making the big leap to a computerized sewing machine with all the fancy things. I may need a lot of support and easy to understand projects to help me get up to speed. Please share your thoughts about this. Thanks.