Old 04-26-2012, 05:46 PM
caspharm

San Francisco Area: There are no quilt shops in SF proper anymore that I know about, but there are several within 25-50 miles driving distance: New Pieces in Berkeley (across the bay from SF) and down the SF peninsula: Always Quilting in San Mateo, Eddie's and also The Granary in Sunnyvale (near San Jose), Prairie Queen in San Jose. You can probably google for more. There is a fabric shop in SF called Britex (on Post St) that has all sorts of wonderful fabrics (mostly for clothing, but it's still fun to visit).

If you have a US compatible cell phone, there is a quilt shop app available.

In Las Vegas, there are several: Quiltique in Henderson (just south of Las Vegas), Christmas Goose, and Fabric Boutique. There is a quilt tour company, where she'll come and take you on a tour. Here's the website: http://www.quilttoursoflasvegas.com/. I was going to try it once, but I moved to LV a little over a year ago, so I have gone to all of them by myself.

And 2 hours north of Las Vegas is St. George, Utah. They have about 8 quilt shops, one of which is in a hardware store (carries all the name brands). My favorite is called Scrap Apple Quilts. They carry a lot of batiks.

If you're going to Seattle, there is one in Pike Place Market. I forget the name, but it's very nice.

Last edited by caspharm; 04-26-2012 at 05:50 PM.