Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 PM
romanojg

I have had shots in my knees and they've helped in the past. Currently for my degenative back disease and my knees and all other pains my first two go to's are; oregano oil and Arnica Gel. They both help alot. If you search even here on this board there was a big discussion on the oregano oil which has olive oil in it. I tried it and it has been the only thing to get rid of the muscle strain that I get in the lower part of my back on each side. It used to take months for it to go away and then in Dec when I had a siezure I strained it again and rubbed both of these things on it and it wasn't until the end of the week while talking to my sister that it all of a sudden dawned on me; my pain had been gone for days but I'd forgotten about it. I put it on my neck which my chiropractor says is worse than my back and both of the things help. Sports doctors use the Arnica for sports injuries. You can get both at most health food stores. The oregano oil has a 100% guarantee on the bottle. I won't return mine; I keep it in my purse.

Let me add; strengthing the muscles also helps. I have to do stretches several times a day while at work and when I'm sewing I'm always multi tasking so that I can change postitions and it keeps my back from acting up so badly. I have a fatty liver so I try never to take pain meds if I can find a solution around it.

Last edited by romanojg; 04-29-2012 at 12:31 PM.