View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost View Post
We're into Day 3 and she's still doing great! Another little peeing accident last night, because we waited too long in between taking her outside. Looks like 3 hours is the max, except that she holds it all night in the crate. Last night she was awake in the crate when I turned out the lights and went to bed, and she didn't even whimper..

I'm thinking of getting a halter instead of the collar -- what do you guys think? She pulls so hard on the collar sometimes, I'm concerned that it will slip right over those silky ears and come off. I'd like to give her some more time outside, on a leash hooked to a tree, but I won't do it if I think she might get the collar off.

The restlessness is the cue for going outside, but we're not good at picking it up yet. I think I'll keep watching the clock.

She is so cute on the long leash when she catches a scent and charges off into the woods! Wish I could hold the leash and take a pic at the same time.

She has not eaten the dry food we bought yet, although she drinks water from her bowl just fine. I'm calling the shelter this afternoon to see what they were feeding her, see if that will help.

Thanks again for all the advice! Keep it coming!
We've used pinch collars, Gentle Leaders & now we have a Gentle Harness (at our trainer's suggestion) & it works really well with Leo. He doesn't seem to like things on his head so the harness really works well. The other day, I saw a really neat one at Doggyloot.com. It was made out of a mesh & I wonder if it might be good for summer.

I'm glad your new baby is doing better. It sounds like you guys were just born to be her parents!