View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
LeslieFrost

Originally Posted by -k View Post
have you considered an invisible fence? my daughter has one for her beagle & it works great at a fraction of the cost of a traditional fence. good luck with your new family member, and God bless.

Well, that is certainly interesting! I assumed that an invisible fence would not work for a beagle -- that a beagle would dash across the line if it got a good scent, no matter the cost.

Well, first we're getting a harness, then we'll try a tie out line in the yard and see how we do.

We're feeling very lucky -- she is such a good dog. She apparently never learned to beg for people food! She sits and looks at us as we eat, but never begs. And she has not yet barked in the house, or even much outside either, except when she senses something really wonderful that she wants to chase. Then she yowls a couple of times.

This afternoon she'll be alone in the house, in her crate, for the first time. My DH has a last minute call to a court appearance, and I have a haircut appointment, so Maggie will be alone for a little while. An experiement!