View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Quiltmaniac2010

Hello Everyone: Thank you all for your very kind words! I've had a few requests for the name of the pattern. I have the great quilters on this board to thank for pointing me in the right direction. Here it is: It is Lonestar Log Cabin from the book "Tried and True, Renewed" from Leisure Arts Publications. I ordered mine from Amazon. If you are looking for inspiration, type in "lonestar log cabin - images" on google and you will see a number of lovely quilts made by the Amish in a variety of colour combinations. This wasn't the most well-written pattern I have used, but I think it was well worth the work! One member told me it was available at this website: http://www.addall.com/ for $6.98 including shipping!!! I had already ordered it from Amazon, but this sounds like a deal to me!! Good luck everyone! Email me if you have problems and I will try to help you. I had to do a lot of "easing" to get the medallion square sewn into the main log cabin part of the quilt. Yes, I will post a picture when it is quilted. I used a 3 inch cream border and a 8 1/2 inch border in the darkest blue (indigo) It looks wonderful!
Linda
ps If I don't answer right away, it is because I am cruising the Mediterranean!!! My wonderful husband booked us on a cruise for our 25th Anniversary and we are leaving on Friday!!!