Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
oooooooohhhhhhhh Mary I am so sorry to hear about your SIL.

I will keep your family in my thoughts.

On another note, I just applied for a job with Scottrade
(where hubs works) and IF I should get "lucky" to be hired
then I will have to go to St. Louis for a 2 week stint to do
on-board training and such.

If that happens maybe we can meet up for a beverage
(coffee, tea or something NON-alcohol). Personally I
would much rather meet up with somebody who I would
have something in common with as to meeting up with my
"I have a PhD, so therefore I am better than you" SIL.
certainly we can meet up. there is a wonderful chocolate bar (http://www.baileyschocolatebar.com/) here where everything is chocolate if you can do that but there are lots of places to go especially the quilt shops. just let me know if & when.

thanks for the well thoughts, we all need them. wow my baby will be 28 yrs old in june so it has been a loooong while since i had to care for 3 children, one 10 yo & 4 yo twins. breakfast before school, school dressing, laundry in the evening, dinner cooking everyday, balanced meal planning, homework, daily baths (well i talked the twins into showers with some kool swim googles), school drop off, after school pick up, snacks, walks to the park for some play time (energy wear down), nightly kiddie movies, nightly school clothes layout, etc, etc, etc. how did i manage to do that so long ago. it wears me out just thinking about and needing to live it now. it's good thing afterschool activities werent added to this mix. phewwww!!!!!!1

your sil cannot help herself. just be patient with her. i have a brother with an elevated IQ and earlier in his life, anyone in his midst he let know that. it drove us all insane. my mother by contrast had a mensa level IQ and she never acted in a way to make others feel less than, she just wanted to share her knowledge. some folks just cannot help themselves. also my bestest friend was always waving her & hubby's credit score around like it was some sort of elite million dollar investment. i asked her to stop doing that because she was adored and looked up to and it made others feel less than. well they have been affected by this economy and that credit rating took a battering, less flags to wave now some things are fleeting. i dont know what makes people do these things but they have some innate need to be recognized or feel more recognized than may be necessary for the rest of us. we just hav'ta love them no matter their handicap.

Last edited by Havplenty; 05-02-2012 at 05:51 AM.