Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Sheila-in Erie

Hi Mary- I have taken pictures of the quilts and collected scrapbook paper and solid colors and will attach the pictures to a page that I have (they call it journaling) written the name of the pattern, date, who quilted it and anything else I want- maybe who it was for or why I made it- birthday, charity etc. Then I will embellish the pages with buttons, flowers etc. For example I just made lap quilts for the Soldiers and Sailors Home (wheelchair bound) and they are red, white and blue stars so I have nice star shaped buttons that are also red, white and blue to decorate the page and I will probably use a plain blue background paper. It is a wonderful and inexpensive way to document your quilts. You can buy scrapbooks on sale a lot at AC Moore ($3-$5). You could always do it as fancy or as plain as you want. I wanted a book because I have given away all but 2 of the 22 quilts that I have made, so it will be a nice memory of the people I made them for as some of them are holding up the quilts.