Old 05-08-2012, 01:48 AM
arizonagirl

Well I am back home from the hospital and now caught up on all the post. Please send prayers for my son. I got home from the hospital and he is now in the hospital. This is the first time back there since he was paralyzed 5 1/2 years ago. The pressure sore that he has had since before the new year had almost closed up, but was tunneling under the skin. I busted open while I was in the hospital and he refused to go to the hospital for several days. It is now a large open wound again down to the bone. We are waiting for cultures to come back to see about infections. Hoping he does not get a bone or blood infection from this as it will be very bad. He is looking at possibly having some of the tissue removed and skin grafts. He is supposed to move out on his own for the first time since his accident to share an apartment with a friend on the 20th, but he may be in the hospital/rehab for sometime. Prayers also for my new baby granddaughter Harper, she is scheduled for surgery on the 16th to relocate her rectum area and intestines to the proper location. She will have to be watched very closely for her BM's and any abdominal pain for life and follow up procedures for the 1st 2 years. Not sure beyond that what to expect yet. There is only one pedi's GI surgeon here and my daughter used to work for his ex-wife and for him 4 years ago and trusts him completely and they are going to see him tomorrow and will know more than on what to expect. Thank you everyone for all your love, prayers and support. It means so much. I've at times felt worried that people would start to think that I had become to needy and in need of attention, not just here on the board, but people in general and have tried to limit how much I say is going on. You all have been there for me every time without fail and it has meant so much to me. This last time in the hospital I didn't even tell my daughters I was there as I didn't want to worry the youngest as she has so much going on with the new baby's medical issues and my oldest daughter's baby who passed way would have been 1 years old this past Sunday. Needless to say they were upset to find out that I had not told them and they found out through other means. So again thanks everyone.

SharonAnne no I have not even been able to start on the cat quilt yet. I'm hoping sometime this year. I have several memory quilts that I am still working on for daughter, son in law and siblings of my late baby granddaughter who passed away 1-1-12 at 8 months old. I also still have some projects working for the new baby to finish up. Once I get it done I will post a picture so that you can see how I used your gift of some cat fabric in the quilt.