Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 AM
arizonagirl

Wanda Lou I'm happy to hear that your sister opened her eyes. That is the first step. Just be there for her, even if you don't know what to say, you just being there for her will mean the world to her. Try not to treat her any differently. The one thing I told my son right away when we told him he was paralyzed was that an able bodied person can do 10,000 things, a disabled person can do 9,000 of those things and if there is a will there is a way to find out how to do the other 1,000 as well. My son was in a rock band before his accident and I told him he could still be in one. I found examples of other paralyzed or disabled people who were doing the same thing and showed them to him. I even an episode of a show that was searching for the next rock band and one of the guitarist was born with no arms and played with his feet and he was amazing. He had that guitar moving all over the place with his feet. His band members were not very good, but the judges told him that he had amazing talent and need to replace everyone in the band to meet his expertise. My son started forming a new band 1 year after his accident and played for 4 years at major local clubs and opened for national acts at mid sized venues that only do concerts.