View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Im sorry to be the one to tell you but no matter which mat you decide on, count on having to buy again in yout lifetime.. lol.. I had to replace my self healing 33x55 mat after its 20 year life.. lol... i cut right thru the horizontal ZERO line up to 10 and Vertical Zero line up to 14.. cant see the 10, 15, 20,25 lines anymore - RIP my wonderful old mat you.. lol..

I have the sew/fit self healing big mats... 33x55 & the 40x72
fiskers, two -13x13 large revolving mat
Olfa 17x23- hate it.. too thin..
dritz 12x18 - like the bright yellow against the blue but still to thin..
Omni grid 12x17 fold away mat and pad
Omni grid 7x7 fold away mat and grid
the 4x4 june taylor board and pressing mat - great for small cuts

I like the Olipfa rulers, hate the creative grids too busy but hold they still on fabric great!!
I have tons of Creative grids, Omni, Quilt in a day,June taylor rulers and templates..
I have both yellow, black and green, white grids rulers and templates; depending on what fabric determines what ruler i use.. Im a notion and gadget junkie...

I Use olfa hand squeeze retractable rotary cutters; 60mm, 45, and the thumb/finger retractable olfa 28mm one.. and use Olfa blades in all of them..

I have the fiskars blue and orange 45mm but too wobbly so its now used for paper and templates..