Old 05-10-2012, 07:29 AM
eileensquilting

Ladies I thought you were doing so well. First off to those who are afraid to try bargello. They are strip pieced so make up quite quickly and easily. Start with the table runner or the small Surf Song. The table runner is made in two halves. You might see it better if you look at those instructions first. Supernova is pieced in two sections - a top half and a bottom half. It uses strips that finish at 2" so you would cut them at 1 1/2" to finish at 1" to shrink the design. Then take the cut width of each row from the number chart and subtract 1/2" seam allowance. Then divide the width in half. Then add the seam allowance back on. Trust me - I am mathimatically challenged as well. If I had known how much math was involved in quilting I would have stuck with dress making. But I got hooked before I figured out about the math. Doing the above will give you a quilt that is 48" x 48". Sorry I can't help you with any other size - I am not good at math either.

As for the new book. I am fast approaching my deadline. Martingale's release date is July 2013. It takes that long for the photography, the illustrating and the editing. Someone double checks all my math before my work goes to print. That should ease your minds. LOL
Hope I've helped. Happy quilting.
Eileen