Thread: Fabric overload
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 12:45 PM
TamTam13

Default your fabric overload

I used to work at a family owned fabric store. Upstairs was all quilting, fleece, some bargain remnants from the lower level (home dec fabs), silks, wedding, ribbons, etc. you know the type of store. Anyway, they sometimes would buy out large quantities of good fabrics at reasonable prices, as long as there was at least 5 yards on a bolt. (if you don't have any bolts, go to your local fabric store and ask them to save bolts for you.) Then find a family store and see if they're interested. In future, don't wash it either, the chemicals that are on it help it keep on the bolt until it's sold, because it's somewhat stiffer, like having been starched. Unfortunately, I live in NH and can't help you out in your area. You might also try listing (with pictures) on Craig's list. I know people that will see a photo of say, 5 pieces together, sometimes with a Quarter on top to show the size of print, listed with total yardage amount, (not of individual pieces, just listed under "goodie bag"), with a price, maybe half off of what the total yardage would be worth to a quilter (or home decorator). Good luck. Maybe this site will be the easiest to sell on anyway, as you know people and have friends here.