Old 05-19-2012, 01:41 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

thanks everyone for the KUDO's; now to address a couple questions-
gemstate- the black around the celtic knot is not bias- the design is first cut out of black- then the colors are fused ontop- it is a pattern from 'Another from Anita' she has alot of different stained glass looking patterns- all wonderful! check out her website if you've never been there- i have done lots of stained glass with bias- but i like this technique too.
i've been asked about dyeing fabrics a few times now- i've been dyeing fabrics for many years- pretty much every quilt i make has at least a small piece of something i have created- i purchase all of my supplies from Dharma Trading company- they have lots of free instructions- hints, tips, ect- 2 main stay books i use alot are:
The fabric Dyers Dictionary and
Fabric to Dye for
i have friends here at home who want to have a 'dyeing class' this summer- when we do i will take lots of pictures & do a tutorial- in the mean time visit Dharma & browse, check out or pick up a book or two-
it is not difficult- messy but fun- Dharma even sells beginner kits - including all the supplies to make your own Batik's & dyeing silks & wools.