Thread: Art Quilters?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Judebug

Thumbs up Art Quilt Challenges and Discussions

Ghostrider, thank you for presenting this idea! My experience and knowledge of how things work on QB is minimal to say the least. In addition, my posting is rather inconsistent due to all the other activities I'm involved with. When I posted my New Topic asking if there were any art quilter's on QB, I had no idea we'd be having this discussion 20 pages later. This is a good thing.

With Super Member status, your experience and vision (based on your conversation here) could help establish the challenges and dialogue for the Art Quilters on QB as a readily accessible permanent topic and thread. I honestly don't have the knowledge or time for this. Would you be willing to follow up on your idea and make it happen? If not, is there someone equally capable who would? This would be such an inspirational and educational plus for the QB members. No doubt the participation would increase dramatically. Thanks again for sharing this splendid idea.

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Has anyone considered putting the art quilt challenges up in the QB Challenges and Contests section of the board so that more people see them and possibly enter? Current challenges stay on top as a sticky, closed ones move down the page. I'm pretty sure PatriceJ would agree to it being up there.

Each month can still be discussed on those threads without limit, but the challenge itself wouldn't get lost within the pages of the thread. This one could continue as a general discussion of the genre and, hopefully someday, a sharing of techniques/ideas/resources/experiences. Just a thought as it gets more cumbersome here and as the thread keeps moving to the back pages.