View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Scrap41

I have a Janome Memory Craft 5700, bought it used several years ago...love it.
I have had Elna (loved it, but some one stole it out of a western wear store (left her bernina on the floor?)
I wore out a New Home after 16 years of many hours of sewing...loved it.
I have had Singers, have a Pfaff 1222 (bought it at a sale, and it keeps freezing up on me, don't think
I will put anymore money into it, wish one of these ladies on here from Washington State, lived closer,
she could have it. I would check out the dealers close to you, try the machine with the fabrics that
you will be using, from cottons to denims.....check out the on sale ones (sometimes you can get a really
good one because the ownerwanted to upgrade to the newest one and you get it for lots less...or bargain
with the dealer if you can). You want someone who can work on the machine when needed, also check
how much they charge for cleaning/fixing? It has gone up in the last year!!!
Friends have Bernina's, Pfaff 3.0 and 4.0 and love them; also one got a Babylock after taking Eleanor
Burns class in Nebraska and got a great deal, plus Eleanor signed the top of it. The dealers that supply
machines for her classes, give good deals, just keep bargaining with them....lol
Bought a Brother at Wal-Mart for GD to sew on, but I use it to take to classes, as it is lightweight.
Also check how heavy the machine is before you buy, especially if you are going to carry it to classes
or take on vacation!! These ladies have given you lots to think about.