View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:17 AM
ranger

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
I made this quilt using a Moda Urban Couture jelly roll (my picture doesn't show the colors very nicely so here is the link: http://jellyrolls2go.com/urban-coutu...elly-roll.html).

I wanted to try it out to see how long it took before having the 4-H girls make it at "quilt club". (2hrs and 35 min to join strips end to end and folding in half lengthwise until the right size).

I never added borders after I showed the girls my "sample" so now it is done. I opted to just do one border instead of two like my dd did (hers fits a twin, mine is just a throw). The backing is a really soft black/brown flannel. Quilting SITD using different decorative stitches every 2 rows...my dd picked them out. I couldn't get a good picture of the stitches....wrong time of day to be taking pics, but I could wait to share.

Hope everyone else is getting some sewing in this week too! I work tomorrow, but get to sew on my FW pony club blocks on Wednesday and Thursday between running kids here and there. I have lots of papers cut and measured so just need to cut fabrics and sew.

Carrie
Carrie....LOVE those colors!
Ring the bell for you.

I haven't looked at my machine in 3 days and won't get sewing today...grocery shopping MUST be done today...my
cupboard is like Old Mother Hubbard's.