Old 09-18-2009, 10:51 AM
mary quilter

Originally Posted by cent
You guys are awesome. But why am I so scared to say anything to her?! I think I did a bad thing yesterday though (before all of your responses) and I cut the edges of the batting down so I could find fabric for the binding. Do you think she'd still be able to fix it if I already cut down the extra fabrics/batting? Dang....I wish I hadn't done that though! I was just TRYING so hard to like this quilt! I am just so disappointed. You live and learn, I guess.

Thanks for all of your help everyone!
Since I think this post has been overlooked, I will address it. The answer, I am afraid, is no. She will not be able to put it back on the machine to requilt since it has been trimmed down. You no longer have the option of a re-do UNLESS you use a new piece of batting and a new back.

She may feel that she does not owe you money, simply a do over. You must now consider this since you have trimmed it down.

I am sorry you have to deal with this at all. Don't feel bad complaining. If one does not want to have to answer to others, they should not take money from others.