View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:14 AM
yippie

Default love your quilt

i love your quilt I also have hankies from my mom, dad, gram and i just received some from my husbands mom. I have always wanted to make them into a quilt but not sure how to do it. Can you tell me how you did it? Did you put them on another pice of fabric to stabilize them etc. will be looking for your answer or any information from anyone of the board. I just hope I can find the answers i seem to always loose the thread I write on. happy quilting yippie54

Originally Posted by elaine80 View Post
I had this box of old hankies...some belonged to my Grandmother, some to my Mother and others that I had just collected from garage sales etc. I was trying to figure out what to do with them. They were too pretty to be discarded and so I decided to make a quilt from them. That way maybe they wouldn't get tossed out when I am gone. Sure enough.. everyone who sees this quilt wants this quilt ...another problem to solve! One of the hankies was sent to me by a pen pal I had when I was 13 or 14 years old. We lost touch many years ago. I am including a picture of the block that I put that one in. It has her embroidery that says "to Dear Ruth, Mildred". Wouldn't it be wonderful if she should happen to be a member of this board and recognize it!
I really enjoyed making this quilt and quilting it too, even though it took me quite a long time to do it. Hope you all enjoy looking. [ATTACH=CONFIG]340418[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]340420[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]340421[/ATTACH]