View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Kitsie

Hi and welcome! There are also many sites on the internet for Dear Jane, so be sure to google it! There is also a BOM on the board of other members doing the quilt.

You are very organized with your fabric! That will be one BIG binder when you are done! Depending on what fabric style you're using you can increase your choices by swapping - for me, I like civil war type & I found another member doing the DJ and we both had a lot of FQ's. So we cut them in half and swapped them! Now we each have twice as many!

For some reason I started with A-1 and just kept going! I do machine piecing, freezer paper piecing (a favorite) and applique.

the spreadsheet is easy. If you have Excel I can send it to you and you can add your own photos! (when you insert a picture you can format it to .83 x .83" or use the little "handles" to resize it.)

I am using a 4" ring binder to hold all the block instructions and pictures of the ones I've done. With staples in the corners I'm going to need a 20" binder!

How do you like hand-piecing? Have you done it before? I love hand applique and quilting but don't know about piecing! Thanks for your comments and good luck!

Please post some of your blocks for us all!
Originally Posted by dknit View Post
I love the spreadsheet! Is it hard to do? Your squares are very nice! I'm new to the list and I have done about six squares on my DJ quilt. I bought some plastic sleeves for baseball cards to keep a sample of each fabric in a ring binder so I can keep track of how many of each color fabric I have. I'm starting with the easy squares and I'm doing them by hand.