Old 06-14-2012, 03:33 AM
ILoveToQuilt

I'm on Facebook, but only access it once or twice a week. Seriously, do I NEED to know that you are going to bed now or out for coffee? I use it to keep in touch with some of my quilting companions, my family and long-time friends from when I was a Boy Scout leader.

"Smarty" phones...you can have them. Too much technology. I still use a Samsung flip phone and haven't even figured out everything it can do. Make a call, needed. Take photo of the neat quilts, needed. Other stuff on it??? If I don't know what it is, I don't need it. I usually refer to the phone as my "electronic leash". (Just think, kids today don't know what a pay telephone is! Some have never seen a land line phone!)

GPS, had one, loved it, then DH gave it to DD to use one day and of course, I have never seen it again. I had mine set to "sexy" male voice. Nice to have someone to "talk" to when I was in the car alone, even though there were times I swear he was ready to say, " Okay, dummy, now you have to make a u-turn. What's wrong with you? Don't you listen? Can't you follow simple directions? Seesh!"

Thanks for a good laugh...I am a baby boomer and at 56 1/2 I am a senior sometimes, other times not (depends on what store I'm in and what their senior discount age is!). I'm also a technophobe...afraid of and hate technology to the point that I have a brand new Janome "Heart" machine, still in it's box, never seen the light of day. I'm afraid to use it cause it has a computer screen in it!!! Is there any hope for me??? :-)

Last edited by ILoveToQuilt; 06-14-2012 at 03:37 AM.