Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Snooks

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
he, he. my GPS tends to "recalculate" a lot too!!!
That's ok, I'm one of those people who doesn't get lost (no GPS - but still I don't get lost). I pulled into the gas station yesterday - this man keeps asking everyone (ALL men by the way), how to get to Tillamook (Oregon). He was using a state highway number (most people in this area use names - not numbers for the roads and highways). So ALL of the men are going ????? or looking like dear in headlights - so being the gal I am, said go back out to US 26 heading west to coast, follow about 15 miles to a junction stay left to Tillamook. Man with questions said NO he didn't want to go to the coast. I said again go to the junction stay left to Tillamook NOT straight to the coast. His wife was sitting in the car smiling! Then she said in a loud voice, I told you the GPS said left NOT straight! It was soooooooo funny. He looked around and all the other men said I was right, one had even pulled out a paper map. The man looked at his feet and said Thank You, his wife gave me a thumbs up! GPS has it's place, but so far not my car - I still use the old ways - ieown to the 7-11 turn right go past the LQS to DQ or go past DQ to the LQS.