Old 06-14-2012, 05:39 PM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Kif, have you heard of the book "Keep your mouth shut and wear beige" bt Kathleen Gilles Seidel. It is about the mother of the groom and it is a real funny book. My wonderful quilting buddy and total best friend gave it to me.

My son is also getting married this year, maybe October but date not set yet! Don't they know that I have to know how much time I have to do Stuff! LOL, I am going to make them a double wedding ring quilt, and that alone will take me a really long time! I told my DIL to be she might see it by their golden Anniversary if she is lucky!

I also opened my big mouth and said I would make her dress! But I really don't mind as she is such a sweetie and will not turn into a Bridezilla.
Hi Marybeth,
I haven't heard of that particular book, but had heard of the saying...as a matter of fact I told ds and dil to be when I was looking for my dress to wear that I had heard the mother of the groom is supposed to wear beige and be quiet...lol...my ds bless his "darling" heart replied, "Well at least you can do one of those mom.". Meaning I can't be quiet!! I replied, "Well, I don't look good in beige!"...We all had a big laugh!! I hear ya on getting everything done...I keep "volunteering" to do things, too...but like you, I know they both appreciate everything, and we are so thrilled about the wedding and all! I am finishing a version of this quilt for them..I am using beiges, browns, and blacks as the colors, and dil to be loves stars, so I am using star fabrics, too...I hope to post a pic when I have it finished, here is the link:
http://www.free-quilting.com/images/...large/3297.jpg
Take care,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 06-14-2012 at 05:42 PM.