View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
wattse2000

Originally Posted by beatys9 View Post
I notice from posts by board members that quilters often make all the blocks for a finished quilt & then play with how to arrange the blocks as sometimes there are many options resulting in very different looks. I, on the other hand, just can't wait to see what it will look like so I tend to put together the blocks as I finish a row so I can see what I've got. Unfortunately, I was doing this with my Hunter Star quilt that I started a couple of weeks ago even though I knew I would likely run out of one of the fabrics... Well, it happened. I ran out & don't have enough to finish with the arrangement I committed to by sewing together what I had done! So, I spent last evening separating the blocks and looking at new arrangements with an added coordinating boarder to fill it out. Did I learn something? Maybe, but I still really like seeing what I've got so far & might do it again Does anyone else put together their blocks as they go or is this just a sign of my inexperience?
I do the same thing sometimes. Too anxious to see the finished priduct i guess. I cant wait to start on a project then once j start i cant wait to finish it! The other issue is that i get tired of doing the same thing over and over again (i.e.piecing blocks) and need to switch it up by sewing rows.