View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 05:11 AM
jdavis

Thank you all for the enthusiastic response!!!

Sheila Elaine and Juanita's kid asked what pattern was used, and Baren*eh*ked_canadian (Melanie, right?) asked how much it would cost to quilt....

I more or less knew the effect I wanted to achieve, but I nailed down the UN-border decision when I saw a picture in Alex Anderson's book on neutrals (and I didn't buy the book). I knew what size blocks I wanted to work with, so I laid it out in EQ5. Alex Anderson has now released her "Hopscotch in Neutrals" pattern individually. There are four size options in her pattern and it costs $10.95, if memory serves. Go to www.alexandersonquilts.com; The pattern release is mentioned right on the main page of the site. The same basic idea may be found in Better Homes and Gardens American Patchwork and Quilting (Magazine), June 2005 issue 74 (which I do have in my collection). It is called "Make Your Point". It contains the same basic combination of blocks (16-patch and pinwheel), but with several borders. That same quilt is in BH&G's Quilt Lovers' Favorites from American Patchwork & Quilting (book). If you receive mailings advertising this book, you've seen their version of this block arrangement.

As for the quilting, it will probably run me about $150.00; I'd say give or take $20.00.

Again, thank you all for your kind remarks; I apologize for making you wait for answers, but I can only spend so much time on the message board while I'm at work.
Have a great day!