View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 03:46 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by natalieg View Post
When saving embroidery files to my computer, I know I only need the PES file to transfer to my PE 770. Was wondering about personal choices here.do you save only the PES file (with emb software you can see what it looks like) or do you save the jpg and text with it too?
I save the orginal folder still zipped in a folder called orders_site name and then only extract the design/doc that I need. My machine and pc can see everything that I download. I take the extracted file, rename it and and put it in a folder that makes it easy to find it in the future. If there are instructions I have a folder called instructions in My Docs where I save them all because they don't always show up in the folders geared for emb files. I name them so it's easy to find them. If there are pics and if not I convert a copy to a pic and place it in a folder in my picture folder so that I can print it out. There is no way after a while that I can remember all the designs that I have with out seeing them. A picture albumn allows me to do so. I keep the orginal in an orders folder so that I know what company I ordered the design from along with the orginal name/number the design had. If I have to retrieve it from the site in the future this data will allow me to know where to go and what info to put in. This is especially helpful when sites update their sites and retire designs. You can still get them but you need to know the orginal data.