View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 AM
karensue

Don't know how your machine transfers, but my machines are connected directly to my laptop to send designs over, and I can also put designs on usb stick and insert that stick into embroidery machine. You may want to check if there are any of these options on yours, or if it can be upgraded to take a usb stick (the Viking machines did that and that was a long time ago).

You can also check on "yahoo groups" to see if there is a group for your machine, probably is. I have Brother, Babylock, Viking and Pfaff machines and belong to the yahoo group for each and every one of them. For me personally, I can get so much more information on a machine and its capabilities (or problems that I am having), any time of the day or night using these groups. They have been invaluable for information for me in over 10 years.

As for your big hoop, does it use "precise positioning" or "snowmen" or ?? when lining up large designs. My largest hoop is 14 x 14 and it stitches the left half, I then rotate the hoop, and it stitches out the right half of the design. Again, the yahoo groups have an intense amount of info on how to do this.

I have a Pfaff CV that has been a love/hate relationship since day one, but after taking classes on it once a month I have finally been able to (kinda) figure it out. Our teacher even taught us how to stitch out a design that was 10 inches high and about 20 inches long - we did 3 hoopings, and you can't even tell where we did the splits - it was wonderful (and amazing for me).

Have fun with your machine.

KarenSue

Originally Posted by Kris P View Post
My MIL was kind enough to let me borrow her Babylock Ellageo for a few months. I fell in love with with M/E and then found an upgraded Janome 10000 at my Janome dealer with LOTS of extras for $1500. The problem is, the Babylock was so easy. My MIL taught me how to use it in about 15 minutes. I'm really struggling with the Janome. The shop offers lessons, but the gal who gave all the lessons quit, and now the new gal is learning as I learn. Really frustrating. She ordered a CF card and reader from Janome for me, but the card doesn't work. I can download designs, but then need to transfer them to the machine's hard-drive in order to stitch them. It's a little cumbersome, and I find myself not using it because of the trouble.
I also have the giga hoop, but haven't figured out how to use it. I've read on some forums that it's almost impossible to get a design lined up well using a split design.- not that I know how to split a design- anyway.

One thing I really do love about the Janome is that it stitches out designs just beautifully. The few designs I have done are so much fuller and more substantial than any design from the Babylock. I have 1 year to trade up at my Janome dealer, but really don't want to put more money into an embroidery machine at this time. I'd rather invest in embroidery thread.