View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
DawnFurlong

I go in cycles. Mostly I love it all (though sometimes I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with various aspects). Love fabrics! While sometimes cutting can be tedious, I try not to be in a rush and enjoy the process, thereby making it more relaxing. Somewhere in the middle of piecing, I get tired of it and just want to be done! I do not enjoy basting the quilt part together. The more I practice my FMQ skills, the more I like it. When it's going smoothly, I love it. Then again, somewhere in the middle of that process I find my eye/mind wandering to another project. I really don't care for binding, BUT since I have decided I will become proficient at machine binding (front and back) - that task is a bit less tedious. Maybe someday I will find it relaxing to hand stitch - but that day is not today!

I find that if I have a couple of different projects going, so I can switch back and forth, that helps keep away boredom. Also, I quit telling myself that I *need* to do this or that (such as - I need to learn more complex piecing skills). Now, I just allow myself to go where I feel drawn. If it is a simple project - great! If it happens to be more complex and I am really drawn to it - great! And - I allow myself to be open to new ideas, I try not to say *never* or *always*. Leaves myself open to new experiences, new ways of doing things.