View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Sewnoma

No, you're not alone AT ALL!! I tell people I have "Crafter's ADD" - I'm constantly being drawn to new things and also cycling back to old favorites. I pick something and become obsessed with it for 2-3 years, then move onto something new or back to something I've been missing. Right now quilts are my thing, prior to this it was sculpting with Fimo, prior to that was beading, prior to that was bookbinding, prior to that was painting murals and faux finishes on everything, prior to that was soapmaking, prior to that was candlemaking.....on and on and on!!

And I keep almost everything, so when something bites me again I can pick it back up. My garage is about 20% tools, 10% sentimental stuff I save for no good reason, and 70% crafting "treasures" packed away until something re-obsesses me or if I have a practical need for something. Lately my husband has been asking me to dig out my soapmaking stuff again - we've finally worn almost all the way through the 200 bar stash I made before packing it all away last time, LOL. Too bad for him I'm deep in the throes of a quilting obsession and can't be fussed to spend that much time away from my fabric! We might have to (gasp) BUY some soap! (From a local soapmaker, of course!)