Old 07-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Gerbie

After checking the site and reading the cutting instructions I would say it is what most have already stated you would cut 64 3 and 3/8" squares, I do think it is a typo, with the spacing left out there. You could definitely go to the designer and ask. I had a pattern about 3 yrs ago that really confused me. I ask 4 other quilters and we were all reading it the same. I contacted the designer and she wasn't very nice, she sent an email and suggested that I didn't know anything about cutting fabric, and commented that I must be a beginner, that perhaps I should try a pattern for beginners. I was furious! with her email comments. I fired back (ugly me) that I had been sewing which I have, since I was nine, and that I am definitely not a beginner, that 4 other longgggg time quilters had read the pattern the same way I did, and that perhaps she might rethink her directions when giving them out to the public. I didn't hear back from her. I normally don't do such a thing, but it just made me so hopping mad, I charged in before I cooled down, I don't get angry very often, but she certainly blew my lid off with her tacky remarks.