Old 07-15-2012, 09:04 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Candace
I look on ebay for certain parts, otherwise I put out feelers with local sewing machine repair folks or friends that I know have donor machines.
ebay's good for me sometimes. I find often I have to get one piece here, one piece there, then I have to wait 3 weeks for them to arrive, it gets a little frustrating to try to rehab these machines this way. The Sewing Machine places are drying up. The Singer store in Edmonton is closing at the end of September, the other OSMG I deal with is over an hour away, and I know his stock almost as well as he does now, that's how much I've been there.

The other SM repair places around here turn their noses up at Singer, so I'm outta luck there. "Slant shank? You mean for a S.I.N.G.E.R?" *sniffs and sticks nose in the air* "No, we don't carry anything for those." or my favorite, "Singer made junk. Those (doesn't matter which machine I'm asking about) were junk,... clunky old things."

Uhm.. K. I guess ebay here I come?

My kingdom for a good SM repair place near me!

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
You could try Cindy Peters. Her ebay store is Stitches-in-time. She has vintage parts and reproduction. If you want original she may have it.
Check, she's on my list for tomorrow's web searches! Thanks!