Thread: BSR foot
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 07:03 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
Stitches have to be at 1.5? Did not know that...

I understand the idea of the BSR, but does it really make the needle move faster or slower depending on how fast I move the fabric? Not to sound silly, but doesn't my foot on the pedal do that?

And, no, I have uneven stitches with and without the BSR. They seem to get longer and shorter regardless of using it or not (yes, I know, slow down, and practice).
It sounds like you're not engaging the BSR. After you put the foot on, are you pushing the right hand button under the display? If you do it will come up with either BSR1 or BSR2, and you can change between them.

The stitch length setting will determine the size of your stitches, and the speed of moving the fabric will determine how fast the motor runs and therefore the number of times the needle goes up and down. If you go too fast an annoying sound emerges from the Bernina telling you that you are overrunning the capability of the motor to keep up. (Check your manual if you don't hear the sound - your beeper function may be deactivated.)

Under BSR1 the needle starts moving when you press the foot control or the start/stop button. The sewing computer accelerates when you move the fabric. Under BSR2 the needle only starts when you move the fabric and either press the foot pedal or press start/stop simultaneously.