Thread: Art Quilters?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Judebug

Just checking in today after an extensive detour in summer activities. I notice the discussion is still focused more on how to categorize and subdivide the subject of art quilting than actually sharing what each person is doing with photos. When I first started this thread my sole desire was to create connection with fellow quilters who are currently art quilting or want to. I set up the first art quilt challenge in hopes of stimulating action and participation. I still feel this should be the main focus of this Quilting Board thread.

The challenges are fun and useful for those who like the motivation, but primarily this thread was and should remain, an open learning and sharing environment for all levels of art quilters and wannabe's willing to post their experiences (in word and photos), for everyone reading this thread to enjoy.

Summer in Alaska is short so the majority of my studio time is spent during snow season, but I am involved with an online art quilt group called the Material Maven's and also create art quilt donations locally as time allows, which I will post on this thread. I encourage other quilters to do the same ~ if you've made art quilts, for challenges, donations, or just playing around ~ post photos of them here and share your construction methods, techniques or tips. This art quilt thread was meant to be general and all inclusive but if others want to branch off into definitive categories, by all means, create specific threads for those. However, there is much to learn from every subject and technique we share.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349833[/ATTACH]
Story and construction techniques are explained on the Maven's blog.
Attached Thumbnails img_0475.jpg