Old 07-22-2012, 01:46 PM
margecam52

Yep, think we all have at one time or another. I've got so much fabric on hand, can't think of buying new stuff just yet..other than to fill in a solid color (most of mine are prints).

I have some customers send me fabrics that are very thin (for backings), or quilts made of really thin fabric....I spray with spray starch and let it dry (I don't iron it dry, since I have it on the quilting machine, it sort of presses itself..). Adds a bit of body... Sewing for myself...if the fabric is really thin...I starch the heck out of it first...I won't use it really flimsy. If I am using a satin or something in a crazy quilt or baby quilt...I add a tear away fusible stabilizer to the back...in a pinch, I'll add freezer paper ironed onto the back.

Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post
I did stop at about the 3rd row because it was making me ill. I picked it back up later and did it it in sections until it was done. It is such cute fabric too, the Lil Rascals line with the dogs, cats, geese, etc on it. I love the design on it but not so much the thinness of the fabric.