Old 07-22-2012, 03:54 PM
megozi

What an excellent review, the best I've found on these two machines, thank you so much. I am struggling to decide which one is for me, I am miles and miles away from a dealer so that part doesn't count for me, but on line support matters, so Bernina is definitely superior in this area. I love their webinars and projects, plus on line video tutorials, it's like being in a class. I have noticed Bernina is about to release a new machine.. Bernina 7 series which appears to have an improved bobbin area, they are calling it B9 hook. I would be very interested to hear back from you, your thoughts on how this new bobbin system compares, to the 830e, which seems to be fussy about threads and tension . I am also wondering about the screen on the 780e and how does it compare to the 830 interface, how does ease of use, stitch and embroidery quality compare between the 780e and the 830e bernina models. It looks as though the bobbin is superior in the 780e, and maybe it might handle metallic and monofil with less fussiness then the 830 appears to suffer from. However the screen on the 780e looks like you need to drill down several layers and is no way as user friendly as the lovely 830 model. I own a pfaff 2170 and have had bobbin area problems, so i want a reliable, strong and creative machine.. the 830 looks like my dream machine, though the bobbin challenges daunt me from taking the plunge. I love the candle wicking and handlook stitches on the pfaff plus the option to triple stitch decorative stitches, a great feature when making bags, or table ware accessories. I would appreciate anyones feedback on the comparison between bernina 780e and 830e models.