View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
As long as each machine has its own stash things will be ok----No one should feel left out. This is how I justify my collection of both
They both have their original 8 cams, and there are 3 that they share. Ditto on the attachments. They share things like the zipper foot and walking foot, but the rest, they have their own. It also makes it easier to grab a case, which each have their attachments boxes mounted inside, and go and not have to worry about forgetting the bits I need to sew with.

With the exception of the attachments boxes, I try to keep only one of each "toy", so I don't run out of space. It's still touch and go anyway.

I figured out how to be productive that many sewing machines in the room yesterday. I took the 503 and the serger outside and worked on the deck.

Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
Beautiful machine!
Originally Posted by JBeamer View Post
WOW. Looks brand new. Congrats.
Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
Truly beautiful.
Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Nice looking machine, good for you to find a really good one that doesn't need a lot of work.
Thank you!! I spent the day bonding with it yesterday. I made curtains for the gazebo. Not a single hiccup that I didn't introduce myself. I even tried things I've never tried on a sewing machine before (40 buttons and buttonholes)

In fairness, I've done buttonholes before, but on a "4 step buttonhole" sewing machine, and I hated them. They almost always turned out some weird trapazoidal shape. I also tried one on my treadle that didn't go well, but I later figured out that the needle was backwards, so I can't blame any one but me one that one. I agree with what people say here about these buttonholer attachment ones being so much nicer.

I sure think this one's a keeper. I'm even getting used to the knee lever, though I do think the pedal needs an adjustment.