Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 PM
jigsymom

Okay, I really belong here lol.... My first queensize quilt is still not finished. Its all done with blues and yellows. I am quilting it by hand and I am sure by the time I get it done I will hate it. Its been over 6 years . I remember laying it out to pin at my friends house and her2 week old grandaughter was being passed around the other ladies as they watched me pin. Shes now in first grade. lol I do have to admit that this quilt did hang in my closet for about 3 years before I started to quilt it. I couldn't decide how I would do the hand quilting. Finally one night I had a dream that I was quilting daisys on it. That was it. found the 2 correct size templates the next day at the quilt shop exactly what I saw in that dream. I have been working slowly on this and the other day the question of the quilting on the border came up. Decided I wanted a simple leaf pattern. Found the perfect template at a quilt show a short time later. I keep telling my friends I should have this one quilted and done about the time friends grandaughter graduates high school. lol