Thread: Art Quilters?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 05:32 AM
suziehammond

Default Decoupage

I tried a new experiment the other day. I wanted to make one of the 'floor quilts' as they sound fun and usable but really full of scope for creativity as well. So I started experimenting with the decoupage techniques, which is what you use for that. I have decoupaged in my day and so thought it would be just a put no brainer to do this kind of work.

This AM when I went into check my placemat sized experiment I found my glued fabric had not stuck to the base or most of my fabrics to each other. The fabric feels more like a stiff paper ribbon and has even curled up. So obviously what I thought was an Elmer's clone down here in South America is not. LOL I am sure I can find great ways of using this new product and it's results. There have certainly been times when I wanted to be able to add a lot of body and curl to a fabric I wanted to use as embellishment.

I am going to wash one piece to see if the results I have now hold up. But of course but I am hoping someone else has had some similar oddball results with various type of glues. If I add 4 more coats will I get a good flat fabric decoupage maybe?

Would love input about fabric and glue. BTW I have heard there is a new well illustrated book coming out on this soon and I think the lady Carolyn is on this board sometimes. I am hoping I do not have to wait for that though. Any experiences amongst you?
Attached Thumbnails decoupage.jpg