Thread: advice wanted
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Amythyst02

Originally Posted by jemma View Post
i am trying to choose a new sewing machine---quilting and general sewing--ive narrowed my choices to

1 horizon by janomi

2 pfaff quilters edition

3 bernina quilters edition

both my previous machines have been pfaff and love them but hearing all the positives+negatives has confused me
any input would be helpfull i do intend to try them all out but heads up on what you have found would help
Its probably good you have narrowed down your favorites, and as most folks have stated, you really need to go and try each one out first. You should also have a list of the things that are most important to you in your new machine. I cannot stress enough about taking your own fabric with you, and testing it out on what you will be using it for. Each of us will give you different opinions, which unfortunately will only lead to more confusion. Ask me how I know. Dealers are as important as the machine you purchase. They are the ones that will help you learn to use your new machine. They are the ones your going to call when it messes up on you, due to operator error. So you want someone that is easy to get along with, and treats you right.

Someone mentioned that Brother is coming out with a new machine also, here is a link to that for you:

http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...-Machines.aspx

Just to confuse you more

Good luck in your search, and once you bring your new baby home be sure to post a picture of her.