Thread: Cheater fabric
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:24 AM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i am going to jump right in here & be CRABBY! what a HORRIBLE- NEGATIVE term to apply to a wonderful useful piece of fabric!
i have never understood the whole (negative- CHEATER) reference some people place on panals- I have made some absolutely beautiful- expensive quilts using panal fabrics- i did not CHEAT- i worked hard- and created a beautiful item- which took many hours- it is no different than using any other piece of printed fabric- in my mind-anyone who considers a panal a cheater- should not be using anything except solids- ever- they should not even look at a print fabric.
there is no reason to place something so negative on a valuable resource....and panals can become fabulous quilts and other items- just like the other fabrics we use-
ok- off my soap-box for today-
I've wanted to say this for years. I don't see any difference between using panels and fussy cutting to get the print you want. Moreover, I have made some lovely quilts and bedspreads from 108 inch fabric that was perfect for what I needed. Right on, ckcowl. I'm on your side. froggyintexas