View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:44 AM
vagabondindigo

Wink Hello from Chatt, TN

I have been a member for a little over a month now and enjoy this forum quite a lot. its a wonderful grouping of knowledge, encouragement and fun with quilters from all walks of life it would seem!

I have been quilting for about 20 years. lik most I suppose I started small, handquilting. My first quilt I call my fugly quilt! Its hideous but has many fond memories for me. After that, i was hooked. Got a sewing machine and just started playing with fabric.

I would say at this point I am probably an advanced quilter. That being said, i learn something new everytime i pick up thread and needle! i red an interview once where a quilter was asked how long it took to make an award winning piece. The answer resonated with me, she said 'that depends on how you look at it. you could say a matter of months, but i reality it took me all the years of my quilting to get to this point.' every project I tackle is like that. The artistic thoughts in my head come out in fabric - when I know how to make it so.

Currently I have an etsy store where I showcase items I can make quickly that are useful. I also periodically post an art wallhanging or quilt there for sale as I cannot keep everything I make, mores the pity. I also have a blog that I am trying to keep up with to explore this quilting journey each day. In it you will find the projects of the day, like the 368 block quilt I am working on now.

I look forward to rading more from y'all, and putting in my two cents when they actually add up to that much!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-06-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: pm to member