Old 08-04-2012, 12:59 PM
marytoddliz

I am finished with my DQ... I loved working with the solids... A little story I found out last night. My Husband is a painter and often times I go with him as his helper. We did a job for a childhood friend's parents. His friend had passed away earlier in the year and the Mom was so sweet to us. She found out I was a quilter and gave me lots of fabrics, a huge box of fabrics that were mostly solids, and also she gave me a hand quilting hoop, really cool to quilt while you watch tv... Any way last night I was showing hubby my Amish quilt and told him I used some of the fabric that his friend's Mom had given me. He told me that she was Mennonite, and had come from Pennsylvania.

So my Amish Doll Quilt was actually made from Mennonite Fabric, I have found very little difference in the styles of Quilting. Here is a sneak peek for Needle Grammy. It will be in the mail Monday Morning.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353515[/ATTACH]

Krystyna I would love to be an Angel... Although I do on occasion have some tiny horns poking out... (I though they were necessary to hold up the Halo)
Attached Thumbnails p8030006.jpg