View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 AM
SheilaAnne

Location: Bexhill On Sea, East Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Default Fabric covered sewing box - thank you for the instructions!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353855[/ATTACH]I have now completed my fabric covered sewing box using these instructions and am delighted with it! I will convert the measurements to make a smaller box and a larger one - it seems to work out that the hexagon sides on the top and bottom, and therefore, the sides, measures the same as the radius of the circle. That is, if you want a 10" box, then the hexagon and sides would measure 5", on a 6" box, the hexagon adn sides woudl measure 3". The height of the sides can be whatever you want. I hope I am correct in my maths but this box lends itself to many other uses - jewellry, makeup, mini layette for a new baby and so on. Thank you so much for this, and good luck to anyone who has a go - I have very little sewing experience and this box is mainly sticking with Pritt stick and PVA glue with very little sewing. As you can see, I did not make the little pockets - not enough material! I also padded both sides of the lid and the edges so it gave it a more luxurious feel.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-box.jpg