View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by Kath12 View Post
I buy from my LQS occasionally but prefer to go to other shops that are about an hour away because I never know what the mood of the owner of my LQS is going to be. One time she is friendly and helpful and then the next time is like it is an annoyance to wait on me. I am not the only one that feels that way. I've heard others that won't shop there because of the way they were treated. So I'll shop online or at another QS most of the time.
Sounds like a quilt shop that I used to shop in. I would only go in if the "friendly" partner was working...not the "grumpy" partner. Needless to say, they closed shop a few years ago. We should not feel like we are imposing on any shop. They should be happy to see us.

Some people are not meant to be retailers. Period. We used to have a gift shop. the owner was "introverted" or shy. I am not either. But I prefer an extroverted atmosphere when shopping. Not a library. (I love libraries btw). Retailing is a people business. The personality of a shop owner or the help can build or destroy the business.
sandy